Thursday, March 20, 2014

Production Update and some Artwork

I've been working away at the layout, doing one thing then changing my mind and re-doing most of the whole thing, then changing my mind again. I would say that the core book with the new rules system: Swords of Cydoria, is 95% complete. I'm doing some new illustrations and tweaking some layout stuff. Then I'll re-do the index and it will be finished.

I've also started writing a source-book/adventure called Exiled in Eris, which is a kind of sandbox setting. I'm moving "the City in the Mirage" adventure over to that source book, plus including a lot more information on the region of Eris and a new town/adventure location called Acik-Sehir. After that I'll convert the Blade of Takshaka to the new system. Then my plan is to write Sorcerers of Cydoria, a source-book for "magic" and supernatural powers.

Fans of the original BRP monograph should be aware: I'm making some setting changes. Most of the changes are cosmetic. For example, I'm changing the names of a lot of things.

  • Nazarians  are now Aeonians
  • Xoog are now Caste-Spawn
  • Jinx are now Factotums
  • Brux are now Drudges
  • Orix are now Myrmidons
  • Added a new race called the Savants
  • Arus is now Eris
  • Biomancers are now Terat
  • Biomancy is now Teratology
  • Daka are now Dakazi
  • Capridians are now Bakiri
  • Zorin is now Xurin
Other things are to the backstory.
  • "Earth was hit by rogue planetoid" has been replaced with "Sdara Vatra merged our universe with a parallel universe", which conveniently allows me to have contradicting timelines and mysterious things that never existed in our universe yet are ancient, plus floating mountains and ancient serpent-men!
  • "Nazaria was a human empire with genetically engineered slaves" has been replaced with "Aeonians were all genetically engineered" which gives the "Caste-Spawn" as they are now called more of a sense of society and history than that of freed slaves.
  • There are now two kinds of Cyberdroids: the good Ohnans and the evil Nilians.
  • Aya are now split into the good/neutral spirit-like Aya and the evil demonic Vards. 
  • Feral Xoogs are now Hordelings.
And to tide you over until I'm done, I'll be sharing some of the new artwork.

Cyberdroid Nilian Deathstalker

No comments:

Post a Comment