Friday, May 10, 2013

The Blade of Takshaka is Essentially Finished



I have completed working on my urban scenario The Blade of Takshaka for Swords of Cydoria. It's laid out, it's edited, it's illustrated. It's done!

It's 52 pages with five chapters and four appendices. It has a drawing room role-playing mystery; a thrilling chase; a dungeon crawl with a jelly-blob, a giant octopus, and albino alligators; more role-playing with a group of intelligent rats; infiltrating an evil snake cult; and an optional raid/infiltration against a well-guarded penthouse mansion!

The only thing I haven't done is playtest it. Playtesting it might result in a future revision of some monster stats to make them tougher or weaker, or a slight revision to the story to cover any plot holes or logical fallacies I may have missed.

I also want to change some text on one of the maps from black to grey, and maybe add one or two more illustrations.

If anyone would like a copy of this module to playtest and provide feedback, please let me know. I will provide it free of charge and will incorporate your feedback and add your name to the credits.

I also haven't figured out how I want to monetize this. I'm thinking of just releasing it into the wild and asking for donations to encourage me to create future works.

I don't think I want to go the monograph route again.

No comments:

Post a Comment